Fort Dodge City Council announced yesterday that they are planning to borrow $9,525,000 through a general obligation bond issue for a slew of different projects that will be paid through property tax revenue.
The bond issue includes the following projects:
- $4.3 million for removing the dams on the Des Moines River;
- $1 million for street improvements;
- $1 million for storm sewers on 15th Avenue South;
- $700,000 for the first phase of renovations at the firehouse;
- $700,000 for the next phase of Municipal Building renovations;
- $425,000 for a new roof on the Fort Dodge Public Library; a contract is already set up with Roofing and Sheet Metal of the Midwest in Des Moines.
- $400,000 for additional trail construction;
- $360,000 for Oleson Park improvements;
- $200,000 for improvements to the Snell-Crawford and Phinney Park trails.
Actions will be made at future Council meetings to borrow the money and enter the bond markets.