Grinnell Students Hospitalized Due to Gas Exposure
A school official in Grinnell says about 40 students and a teacher were taken to a hospital after being exposed to sewer line gases. Superintendent Todd Abrahamson says the students and teacher are from Grinnell-Newburg High School. After being exposed to the gases due to a crack in a sewer line, they complained of headaches, dizziness and nausea and were evaluated at a hospital. Officials say none of the problems were life-threatening.The pipe was repaired later Thursday. Abrahamson says there had previously been complaints about sewer odors at the school, but when the air was analyzed the readings came back as normal.