DSM Man Injured in Fire Caused by Cigarette



The Des Moines Fire Department says a man was injured when he lit a cigarette while using an oxygen tank, sparking a fire. The fire happened Saturday afternoon when the man lit a cigarette while wearing an oxygen mask. The man, whose name wasn't released, was able to get away and waited in a garage until firefighters arrived. He was taken to a Des Moines hospital and treated for minor injuries. Spokesman Brian O'Keefe says the fire caused about $40,000 in damage.