The Fort Dodge Public Library released a statement on Friday Morning regarding re-opening June 16th. Below is that statement.
On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, the Fort Dodge Public Library will reopen to patrons with the following guidelines in
place until further notice:
• The Library will be open to patrons Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, from 10:00 am to 5:00
• Patrons are asked to limit their visits to 30 minutes or less and only visit the Library to check out
materials or use computers as necessary.
• Children 12 years and younger MUST be accompanied by and in the presence of a responsible adult
(18+) at all times.
• Patrons needing assistance with finding materials or other services are asked to utilize the reference
desks. Please only visit the front desk when checking out materials.
• A total of six (6) computers will be available for public use. Patrons will be limited to 30 minutes usage
per day and are required to sanitize the computer equipment after use. In-person computer assistance
is not available at this time.
• Face masks are recommended, but not required.
• Anyone using the Library for purposes other than those outlined in this release may be asked to leave
out of respect for the health and safety of patrons and staff. This does not include visitors to Webster
County Historical Society, the Webster County Genealogical Society and the Friends Bookshop on the
• Curbside pickup service for patrons in need of books or audiobooks will continue as outlined in the May
11, 2020 media release. Patrons who wish to reserve materials online and come into the Library to pick
them up may do so during the regular business hours outlined above. Please allow time for staff to
gather your materials before coming to the Library.
• Library services not yet available to patrons include DVDs, newspapers, reading areas, public copy
machine, self-checkout, children’s computers, play spaces, meeting rooms, study rooms and the Pepsi
machine in the lobby.
• Book donations are not being accepted at this time.
The health and safety of patrons and staff continue to be a top priority for the Fort Dodge Public Library. We ask that
individuals experiencing any of the following symptoms please refrain from using Library services: fever of 100 degrees
or more Fahrenheit; chronic coughing and/or sneezing; shortness of breath; or any other flu-like symptom.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us at 515-573-8167. Please remember to like
and follow us on Facebook – @FDLibrary.