The 10th installment of the “Middleton Classic” is going on this Saturday June 27th and Sunday June 28th at Manson Golf & Country Club. Tournament Director Elias Johnson said “This weekend is about
making a lot of great memories, seeing old friends and coming together.” Each day begins with a 10 a.m.
shotgun start with two groups teeing off on each of the nine holes. The low seven two-person teams & ties will qualify for the championship nine shootout to be played Sunday afternoon. James Tiedeman and Matt Spaulding of Fonda were crowned the champions a year ago, marking the second consecutive year a duo from Fonda won the title. The pair shot 7-under in the championship-nine.
The Middleton Classic was first held in 2009 as a way to honor former Manson Northwest
Webster high school science teacher and coach, Joe L. Middleton. It expanded from one day to
two last year. A male and female graduating senior from Manson Northwest Webster will be honored with a scholarship from the event. Tommy Lawman and Zoe Fiddelke were each selected as the
recipients of the $10,000 total scholarship. Below is the schedule of events for the two day tournament.
● 8:45 a.m.-9:45 a.m. Registration and entertainment
● 9:45 a.m. Fireworks
● 10 a.m. Pairings announced and shotgun start
● 4:30 p.m. Awards ceremony
● 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Post-golf entertainment
● 8 p.m.-10 p.m. Karaoke at golf course
● 8:45 a.m.-9:45 a.m. Registration and The Nadas perform
● 9:50 a.m. Scholarship winners introduced
● 10 a.m. Pairings announced and shotgun star
● 4 p.m. Awards ceremony
● 4:30 p.m. Championship shootout field announced with Calcutta
● 5 p.m. Nine-hole shootout for the Middleton Classic
● 8 p.m. Awards ceremony and post-tournament celebration