Weather Alert

Sunday Night Fire Ravages Fort Dodge Mobile Home

Just before 8 PM Sunday The Fort Dodge Fire Dept. was dispatched to a mobile home fire. The incident occurred at The Palace Park Mobile Home Community in the 1300 block of 3rd Avenue NW in Fort Dodge. A natural gas leak is believed to have caused the fire. Fort Dodge Fire Chief Steve Hergenreter said the fire started on the kitchen when the residents smelled gas coming from the stove. One of the residents went to move the stove and and it burst into flames. The mother and daughter who occupied the home were able to escape without any injuries but a family pet was trapped inside and passed away. Chief Hergenreter said that the fire being a gas fed fire burned quickly and the residents were fortunate to escape without incident. He went on to say that crews were able knock the fire down quickly and that was of utmost importance given the close proximity of other trailers in that neighborhood. The mobile home suffered heavy fire damage toward the front and heavy heat and smoke damage throughout, it was ruled a total loss.

Connect With Us Listen To Us On