Traffic Info For RAGBRAI Fort Dodge 2021
The Fort Dodge Police Dept. released the following statement regarding expected traffic issues with the RAGBRAI event.
The RAGBRAI event will be coming to Fort Dodge next Monday, July 26. As expected, this will cause traffic flow issues throughout the city during the day Monday, and during their departure Tuesday morning, July 27. We encourage community members to be aware of the RAGBRAI routes and use alternative routes for those two days.
- Kenyon Road from HWY 169 to 12th Street (Monday from 4:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.)
- Reduced to 25 MPH, head-to-head vehicle traffic in westbound lane
- Eastbound lanes will be bike traffic only
- Sunkissed Meadows and surrounding area
- Sunkissed Meadows will be the main campground. All roads immediately surrounding the area will be closed to local traffic.
- South 7th Street
- South 7th Street will be used as a walking/biking path between Sunkissed Meadows and the downtown area. South 7th Street will be closed to traffic and those living in the area will need to seek alternate routes.
- This will be the main entertainment area and closed to traffic all day Monday. A portion of downtown will remain closed Tuesday morning for the route out.
- Route Out
- Riders will be crossing the town from Sunkissed Meadows, leaving east on 10th Ave North. This will require riders to cross the entire city Tuesday morning. Road closures will be in place and residents are encouraged to cross the route at 9th Street, 15th Street or 22nd Street. 32nd Street will be closed to all north/south traffic Tuesday morning.
- 6th Ave North from 11th Street to MLK Drive
- No Parking will be allowed along this stretch from midnight Tuesday morning until 11:00 A.M.
- Knollcrest Neighborhood
- 10th Ave North will be closed Tuesday morning from 5:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. Residents of the Knollcrest neighborhood will need to detour north to 25th Ave North in order to go south into town.
- North 32nd Street
- North 32nd Street at 10th Ave North will be closed Tuesday morning, from 5:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. All north/south traffic will need to see an alternate route.