A fire Tuesday consumed a Calhoun County manufacturing building. Dobson Pipe Organ Builders in Lake City, caught fire Tuesday evening. Smoke was visible from miles away.
The State Marshall’s Office says, the fire started from a fan in the building that malfunctioned. Firefighters from several departments around the area responded. The fire eventually caused part of the building to collapse.
Dobson confirmed that an employee was injured in the fire, that employee is expected to recover. No further injuries were reported. The building is considered a total loss.