Two people were injured Friday afternoon in a fire that decimated a Fort Dodge business. The Fort Dodge, Clare, Badger and Barnum Fire Departments were dispatched to Mid-Iowa towing around 1:30 Friday afternoon. Upon arrival they found the roof of the companies shop building. Since the building was not served by the city it did not have fire hydrants, requiring the fire dept. to use its own 500 gallon tanks. The building has been labeled as a total loss. Two Mid-Iowa towing staff members were treated for burns. One was treated at the scene the other taken to a hospital and was treated then released. Fort Dodge Fire Chief Steve Hergenreter said “the preliminary cause of the fire appears to be from an employee using a cutting torch that ignited vapors from gasoline.
Local Events Calendar
Operation SOS2 Virtual Auction
Join us for our 3rd Annual Virtual Auction! We have gathered over 175 auction items for you […]
Adopt a Room
The YWCA is a treatment program for single women and women with children. We are working to […]
- There are no events on this day.