W.C.H.D. Will Hold A Special Drive-Thru Booster Clinic Thursday
Webster County Health Department will hold a COVID-19 booster clinic on Thursday, October 28th for those who received the initial two-shot series of Pfizer or Moderna. The drive-thru clinic will be held from 4-7 pm at the Iowa Central East Campus, 2031 Quail Avenue, Fort Dodge. Flu shots will also be available at the drive-thru clinic.
Appointments are recommended, but not required. To schedule, call 515-573-4107 during regular business hours or make an appointment online at WebsterCountyIA.gov.
If the drive-thru clinic doesn’t work with your schedule, WCHD is offering COVID vaccinations (first or second doses or boosters) on Tuesdays from noon-4:30 pm, Wednesdays from 10am-2:30pm, and Fridays from 9am-12:30pm.
They ask that you bring your vaccination card with you.
Effective immediately, CDC recommends for individuals who received a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19
vaccine, the following groups are eligible for a booster shot at 6 months or more after their initial series:
- People 65 years and older
- People 18 years and older who reside in long-term care settings
- People aged 18 years and older with underlying medical conditions
- People aged 18 years and older who work or live in high-risk settings
Effective immediately, CDC recommends:
- People aged ≥18 years who received a single dose Janssen primary series (1 dose) should receive a
COVID-19 booster dose at least 2 months after completing the primary series.