WCPH Announces 2nd Covid-19 Vaccination Clinic For Saturday Feb. 13th
The WCPH released a statement Monday announcing its 2nd covid-19 vaccine clinic that is coming up on Saturday. That release is below.
Webster County Health Department will offer a COVID-19 vaccine clinic Saturday, February 13th for Webster County seniors age 65 and older, not actively sick or in public health isolation. The clinic will begin at 10 AM at the Crossroads Mall in Fort Dodge. All vaccines will be made available by appointment only.
Four hundred appointment slots will open on Wednesday, February 10 at 1 pm. Appointments can be made online at WebsterCountyIA.gov, click on the COVID-19 appointment tab and enter your information OR call 515-227-7104. The phone line and web site link will ONLY be active beginning at 1 pm on Wednesday and will close as soon as all appointment slots are filled.
Residents will be asked to provide their name, address, date of birth, and cell phone or landline telephone number. Insurance information will be collected at the clinic.
We are aware of home-bound individuals and those unable to get to the mall for a clinic. We are working on logistics to make vaccine available to these individuals.
Only those with appointments will be allowed into the clinic on Saturday.
Important information for the day of the clinic include:
- Please arrive at your scheduled time.
- There will be a 15 minute wait time after you receive your vaccination.
- Please dress in layers so your arm is accessible.
- If you can, arrange for someone to drop you off at the west entrance of the mall.
- Please park in the lot in front of the mall entrance on the west side. Over flow parking area will be behind JaMar’s drive-in.
- Only persons receiving the shot will be allowed in the clinic.
- Masks are REQUIRED.
- If you arrive at the mall without an appointment, you will be turned away.
- Please have a copy of your insurance information for the clinic. Insurance is not required to make an appointment. If you do not have insurance you will not be turned away.
If you are unable to make an appointment for this clinic, we will post information about future clinics when we receive more allocations of vaccine. Please watch our Facebook page, the Webster County web site, local media outlets, and our local partners.
This week, Webster County Health Department will receive 600 doses of the Moderna vaccine. Two hundred doses will be made available to teachers and first responders who have not yet been vaccinated. These are being coordinated within these districts and departments. Four hundred doses will be available for those age 65 and older. Webster County Health Department continues to do our best to remain equitable between all populations in Phase 1B, Tier 1.
Nearly 10,000 Webster County residents are eligible for the vaccine under Phase 1B. But we continue to have limited amounts of vaccine. Please remember that this is going to take time. We are utilizing the vaccine as quickly as we receive it with logistics and planning going into place before we receive the next week’s shipment. Please be patient, be kind, and be understanding. Until enough vaccine is available, this is going to take time and patience from every one.