Gas Leak Leads to Explosion and Fire at Downtown Fort Dodge Building
There were no injuries in a Monday morning explosion and fire in a downtown strip mall that was the scene of a gas leak that was reported just about 15 hours prior.
According to Fort Dodge Fire Chief Steve Hergenreter, crews responded to an explosion and fire in the strip mall at 22-33 North 12th Street this morning around 7:30. The building is home to three businesses and two occupied apartments. The occupants were all able to get out safely and fire crews were able to make an aggressive attack and isolate the fire to the building. The building sustained massive smoke and fire damage.
The source of the gas leak that was reported at around 4:00 pm
Sunday was found at around noon Monday.
Video and photos are courtesy of the FD Fire Department.

Upcoming Events

Local Events Calendar

Calendar of Events

M Mon

T Tue

W Wed

T Thu

F Fri

S Sat

S Sun

0 events,

0 events,

0 events,

2 events,

1 event,

3 events,

2 events,

2 events,

1 event,

2 events,

1 event,

3 events,

3 events,

5 events,

1 event,

3 events,

0 events,

1 event,

1 event,

0 events,

0 events,

1 event,

1 event,

0 events,

3 events,

5 events,

0 events,

0 events,

1 event,

0 events,

0 events,

1 event,

3 events,

0 events,